Sunday

Week 26 of Year 2 "The Vine and Branches"

❖❖❖❖
The Vine and Branches

Students may read John 15:1-11 or through verse 17

On Thursday night, near the end of the Last Supper, Jesus said many important things to his disciples. One thing he said was, “I am the vine, you are the branches.” He also told them that the Father lovingly cares for the vine, and prunes the branches so they bear much fruit. Jesus tried to help them understand the meaning of this. He said, “Abide in me, and I in you.” He went on to say, “As the Father loved me, I also have loved you; abide in my love.” 

Discussion Questions

This story teaches us that we can have a living connection to Jesus. His life and love can flow through us like the life of the vine flows into the branches. What kind of fruit are we supposed to bear? How can we abide in Jesus’ love?