Sunday

Week 31 of Year 2 "On the Shore - Part 2"

❖❖❖❖
On the Shore - Part 2

Students may read John 21:15-19 or entire chapter

The apostles returned to Galilee and went fishing one night. At daybreak, Jesus appeared on the shore next to a campfire. Soon, they all gathered around the fire  for breakfast. After breakfast, Jesus talked with Peter as they walked along the shore. Jesus asked Peter, “Do you love me?” Peter answered, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” And Jesus replied, “Feed my lambs.” Three times Jesus asked Peter this question and then told him to feed and care for his sheep. 

Discussion Questions

What do you think Jesus meant when he told Peter, “Feed my lambs”? What did Jesus want Peter to understand about love? Remember that Jesus said, “I am the Good Shepherd.” The apostles were called to be shepherds to Jesus’ flock.